Tuesday, June 22, 2010

How far above my crease should I apply eyeshadow?

I apply a darker color just above the crease, but I see myself in pictures and the color isn't very visible. But I don't want to apply it too high or I'll look overdone! How do I know where to put it?How far above my crease should I apply eyeshadow?
You don't put it ABOVE your crease...you put it IN your crease. Like someone else said, you aren't necessarily supposed to see it. It creates a bold look for your eyes. A natural look. If you need to put the colour above your crease, you might not be using a dark enough colour. Go another shade darker and then see.





When you put the shadow in your crease, you should be able to feel the point in which your brow bone starts and your eyeball ends. Good picture showing it:


http://www.misquincemag.com/cm/misquince鈥?/a>





Oh, and also...makeup colour has to be very dark for it to end up looking naturally saturated in pictures. In other words, a camera will make colours appear more dull. That's why models need much more makeup!How far above my crease should I apply eyeshadow?
I use four colors for eyeshadow.





Lightest color: Used to hi-light the browbone and inner corners of my eyes (around the tear duct area)


Base color: This is the base that you use as a primer and I brush it on all over my eyelid.


Dark color: This is the color you are probably talking about--maybe a gold or slightly darker than your skin tone. What I do is close my eye and brush this color on where the ball of my eye is and stop around my eyeball.... if that makes sense.


Darkest color: I use closest to my eye up to my crease and around the outer corners of my eyes.





Hope this helps!
Experiment until you find what you like.


If you think you applied too much, just blend it out and wipe it off.


As for crease shadow, it isn't meant to be like ';oh hey, look at that shadow in your crease!'; it's meant to add depth to your eye, and gives a shadowed look to the crease. If it doesn't look dark enough, just use a darker colour.
I'll break it down for you:]


Pick one color, in 3 tones.


The medium darkest goes on your lid up to your crease.


The crease should be the darkest color.


Then take the lightest color and apply it up to the bottom of your eyebrow lightly so its not too crazy.


Hope it helps!
i would just put it right in the crease

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin whitening shareware