Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Applying eyeshadow to no-crease eyes?

I've never worn eyeshadow before because of my no-crease asian eyes. (Don't have an upper lid or lower lid.) Thought I'd give it a try for a wedding I'll be in. I wear glasses, so I want my eyes to stand out... but don't want it to look overly dramatic. I've always been afraid of looking like a clown. Any tips you can share with me would be really helpful. Thanks!Applying eyeshadow to no-crease eyes?
If you've never worn eyeshadow before you will definitely have to play with it for a little while before getting it right. What I like to do is go to make up counters like MAC have them do your eyes. Let them know that you never use eyeshadow before and would like to try it for a wedding your going to be in.





Usually they are friendly and will even show you how to do your own eyes. You don't have to buy it there if you are strapped for cash. You can then go to a local Wal Mart and get generic brands with similiar color.





If you don't have a steady hand or not getting the hang of liquid eyeliner, its best to use a shadow with an angle brush. It took me over 2 years to finally get my best friend (how is half Japanese and half Chinese) off of liquid. If you don't apply liquid eyeliner correctly it looks horrible. A Dark shadow is more forgiving than liquid :)





If you don't want to do the make up yourself, you could try and schedule time before the wedding to have the make up counter do your make up. They will probably want you to make a minimun purchase.





Remember to look closely at the Cosmetic Lady's make up, if her make up is sloppy you probably won't like how she apply's your make up. You could also have her do your make up before the wedding and if you like it, schedule something with her the day of the wedding :)Applying eyeshadow to no-crease eyes?
Try liquid liners. You can paint those lines right with a liquid liner. Also even applying an eye shadow with a narrow makeup brush will look nice. If you watch the style channel or TLC What Not To Wear ( shows and channels of that sort) , they will give you ways to do it.
Use something shimmery that's close to your skin tone in a warm color. Apply it lightly, so that your eyes are shimmery and warm without looking too bold or too soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin whitening shareware